Formic Acid.

One of the attractions of its use to treat honey bees for infestations of parasitic varroa mites, is that it is a chemical that naturally occurs in the bee hive. Naturally occurring levels are however very low compared to the strengths of the acid required for varroa treatment.

My personal knowledge of this subject is low and information for this page will have to wait until I have time to research it and form a personal opinion.

Caution: Formic Acid causes burns and is harmful if swallowed, avoid contact with the skin and eyes, use neoprene rubber gloves and goggles, and after contact with the skin wash immediately with plenty of water. Avoid breathing the fumes.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s